Quickbooks Software offers the users to create a backup of the Company file so that it can be restored later to retrieve the lost data. However, while trying to restore the Quickbooks Company file, you might get an error message that says “Restore Failed. Can’t Remove Log File”. You might get this error because of several reasons. you can also get a message that says “Quickbooks Can’t restore Backup”. In that case, you need to make sure to troubleshoot this error quickly.
In this article, we have listed below some of the Quick Methods that can help you to troubleshoot this error.
Methods to Troubleshoot Quickbooks File Restore Error
If you have got this error then you are required to fix all the possible issues that can lead to this error. We have listed below some of the best methods that can help you in getting this error resolved. You have to make sure to follow the process in order to resolve this error completely.
Sol: 1 Change File Name
if the file name of your Quickbooks Company file contains special characters then you might get this error. you can change the file to fix this error.
- Close the Quickbooks Software and go to the desktop Screen.
- Press the Windows+E key to open the Windows Explorer screen and go to the folder where the company file is stored.
- Now right-click on the company file and then click on the Rename option.
- Change the name of the file and then click on OK To save the file.
Sol: 2 Don’t Overwrite File
In case, You are trying to copy the file in a folder and you get a message on your screen that says “Do you want to Overwrite” then you are reqruied to change the name of the file and click on ok. While trying to restoring the backup of the file make sure to choose an accessible location so that you can easily access the file whenever you want.
Sol: 3 Update Quickbooks To Latest Release
While restoring Quickbooks File, make sure to use the same version of the Quickbooks software or use the latest release of the software. You Can go to the Quickbooks file Manager window to know about the Quickbooks Version you are using.
- Open the Quickbooks Software and go to the help menu.
- Click on the Update Now option and wait until it checks for any update.
- Click on Update now if there is any update available and then follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the update and installation process.
- After successfully updating the software try to Restore Quickbooks File.
Sol: 4 Check File Size
While restoring the Quickbooks Company file, the file size must be at least 6 MB. Hence, You need to check the size of the Quickbooks Backup File.
- Close the Quickbooks Software and then go to the folder where the company file is stored.
- Press the Windows+E key to open the Windows Explorer screen and then go to the Quickbooks folder.
- Locate the Company file and right-click on it and choose the properties option.
- Now ensure that the size of the Quickbooks Company file is greater than 6 MB.
If the size of the file is less than 6 MB then it’s not the true backup file and you will be required to create a new backup file to restore it.
Sol: 5 Quickbooks File Doctor
There are some instances where you might get this error because of damaged or corrupted Quickbooks Company file. hence, you will be required to fix the company file to troubleshoot this error. You can use the Quickbooks file Doctor tool to fix this error.
You have to download and install the Quickbooks file Doctor tool in your device and then run the software. It will automatically detect and troubleshoot the error. Once the file is repaired. Now you can restore the Quickbooks file without any error.
So these are some of the Quick Ways thraugh which you can troubleshoot this Quickbooks Error. After successfully troubleshooting this error now you can restore Quickbooks File to retrieve the lost data. You have to make sure to use an updated version of the Quickbooks Software to avoid any kind of error.
Along with this, the Quickbooks Software allows you to backup Quickbooks File Automatically. You can simply Schedule your Quickbooks backup for the future and it will be executed automatically at the fixed time.
In case, You have any queries related to this article, you can contact the Quickbooks Experts. they are available 24×7 to help you with the best possible solution.